Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hello Everyone

Hi all! I know it's been quite awhile. Depression has hit me really hard and the motivation to do anything has just disappeared into thin air. However on the brighter side of life I just attented the annual Lowell Quilt Festival. My husband has been dragging me to train shows for years and I vowed one day to drag him to a quilt show for all the trouble. I have been looking for a local quilt show for years. To my chagrin I discovered this hometown show has been running for 3 years already without my knowledge. To my great disappointment my hubby was working so no luck dragging him through the many galleries, but I did take pictures for you lovely ladies. Check them out.


This quilted car cover is what greeted us in front of the Lowell Memorial Auditorium Gallery. My son Mikey just wanted to sit in the car.








The dancers are appliqued with hand embroidery detail.






I love how the figures come in all shapes and sizes.



I absolutely love this pattern and the rainbow color effect.



Amazing!









This quilt was located in the winner's circle and by far surpassed any quilts in this gallery.








When Tucker wasn't trying to grab my camera, he was pulling on quilts. Next show I fly solo. That is all for now. I will post soon showing off my goodies. Until then, stitch and be merry!


1 comment:

Mosaic Magpie said...

There you are, my girlie! I was just wondering about you. That depression thing gets to all of us at some level or another. Sorry you are out of sorts and maybe getting out and seeing some inspiring things will help. I will be thinking of you!
Deb
Your children are beautiful!!!