Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Painting!

 
 
Good morning all! My BFF took me to a paint and sip (wine) workshop for my birthday last November. It was so much fun and ever since then I've been playing around with paint.
 
 

This is my wall for paintings in my upstairs hallway. The wall decals came from my Mother in Law for Christmas.
 

 
 
This painting I did at home with some beginner stuff my BFF got me for Christmas. I also painted a train for my husband but totally forgot to take a picture of it.
 

 
This is the painting I did for the painting class. It was so much fun to see how different everyone's painting looked although it was the same picture.
 
 
This painting my 4 year old did along with me when I painted the top painting. He really got a kick out of it. So what I did for those two is a placed strips of masking tape onto wax paper. I then drew shapes on it. Butterflies for me and Batman for little man. I cut them out with an exacto knife then peeled the wax paper off like a sticker. We placed our stickers on the canvas then painted over the whole thing. After the paint dried we peeled the stickers off. I then touched up the white parts with gold paint for detail. I am quite pleased with the results.
 
On a sewing note, I have decided to start following Sharon Boggins TAST, both for practice and to try out some new stitches. I stitched the first stitch last night (fly stitch). I will post pictures as soon as I have good enough light to take them. It is just too dark by the time I get home from work. I fear all my picture taking will have to happen on the weekends.
 
Also, over on stitching fingers I will be starting 100 details in 100 days. I have not done too much crazy quilting in awhile. This is a great way to brush up on that without starting a huge project. I will be making a strip sampler this weekend. Hopefully I will have pictures for next week.
 
There is a lot of sewing in the making but nothing to show for it yet. Until next time, happy stitching!

No comments: