Saturday, November 5, 2011

SGRR Update

Hey everyone. Here is an update on my Spring Garden Round Robin. I have just finished Susie's block. We are nearly near the finish now. There are only a couple more blocks before I get my block back. Below is the complete block before I mailed it on to Debbie.



Here is a close up of one of my favorite flowers on this block. The center is raised cup stitch. I found this stitch over on Sharon B's blog. I am really anxious to try this stitch with a thicker thread. The petals are detached chain stitch in two different colors. I stitched a bead into the center of the raised cup stitch. A few of these flowers are stitched onto a vine of chain stitch.

Here you can see more of the vine. I also stitched down green leather leaves onto the vine. The purple flowers are actually part of the fabric pattern. The fabric is so pretty I wanted to enhance it rather than cover it up. The flowers are stitched in padded satin stitch. The wonderful thing about this stitch is that even if you are not the best at satin stitch, it still comes out looking great!

Here is a small caterpillar made from buttons and beads. This darker green vine is couched down.



Here is a better veiw of the couched down vine with more leather leaves. The blue and purple flower is woven spider wheel with french knots around the outside.

These french knot lilacs were stitched by DeeDee. I also stitched somke tiny gold butterfly beads around this area.

Below is a hand dyed lace motif I won in a giveaway from Nicki Lee. I stitched some gold cup beads with purple seed beads ontop of the lace motif.

Here is a generalized view of the work I added to Susie's block.

I had a little helper. My Tucker just loves all the bright colors on these crazy quilt blocks.

Well that is all for now. I am patiently looking foward to the next block. Until then stitch and be merry!

1 comment:

Mosaic Magpie said...

Rachel,
Little Tucker is a cutie! What a precious age.
The block is looking good and I like your additions. I also look forward to working it.
The dyed lace motif is beautiful and adds a nice touch.
Deb