Sunday, February 3, 2013

Cinderella Progress Report

I have been working on this cross-stitch project since last October. Progress has been tediously slow. However a big part of that has been due to the hustle and bustle of the holidays. I am hoping progress will pick up now that I have a bit more time on my hands. My vague goal is to complete it before the end of the year, however I won't take that too seriously or the stress of finishing by then will take away all the fun.



I have tried to organize everything very neatly. Each bag of threads is stored next to the card it was removed from.


Below you can see 1 / 6 bags of thread.


Each color is stored in a tiny bag as pictured below. I was able to fit 2 strings (6 strands each) in each bag. So I have several bags of the same color depending on how many of each color the kit came with. There is a tiny piece of paper in each bag with the color number on it. This method seems a bit too much in retrospect but I am happy with it. It has been really easy to keep track of my threads and to keep them from tangling. It took maybe 4 or 5 hours to sort the kit out this way before I started stitching.


Here is the progress so far. It is an ity bitty portion of the sky.


To put it into perspective here is the entire piece. I have a long way to go.


I am taking a business trip to Kentucky next week. I hope to get quite a bit done while I'm away. Why not? I won't have anything else to do right?




No comments: