Saturday, February 2, 2013

Cross-stitch Crazy



It has been awhile since I've blogged, but today I really feel like jumping back in. A lot has changed since last I posted. Due to space limitations in my small apartment I had to put my entire sewing stash into storage. It was a bit sad really. Now all I have available to me are these two boxes.



The blue box was a Christmas gift from my husband. I love the colors. The contents of the plastic box were a birthday present from my husband. I realized I could not cut sewing cold turkey. I really wanted to try cross-stitching some detailed pieces and fell in love with the Disney Thomas Kinkade collection. The kits are perfect because everything is included and I don't have to worry about starting a huge thread collection. (Which I kinda already started, but I put it in storage.)


These are the two kits I received for Christmsas. Both are Thomas Kinkade pictures.


The first is Pinnoccio from the Disney Collection.


The second is a kit my husband really liked. This will be for him when it's finished.


This is the kit in the plastic container. It is Cinderella from the Disney collection. I have been working on this since October and you will be surprised when you see how little is done. It is frustrating how long these pieces take to complete. However because there is nothing else available to sew, I do not get bored with it. Honestly, I feel it is teaching me a great deal of patience. I am learning to appreciate the act of creating instead of rushing to a finished piece and not being completely satisfied with the outcome. 


1 comment:

quiltyVal said...

I am sorry you had to store your stash - hopefully sometime you will be able to retrieve it and sew again. But in the meantime, those Thomas Kincaid kits will keep you very busy - can't wait to see your progress!