Monday, February 17, 2014

Benefit Baskets

Hey everyone. I have been a very busy bee over this holiday weekend! I have so many things to post about. However I want to take this post to tell you all about a benefit a friend of mine is throwing to raise awareness for Anorexia and bulimia. It is way more common than you think. People suffering from these diseases become very good at hiding it. For many it can start as young as 10 to 13, however there have been extreme cases of it starting from toddlers. It is literally a mental disease. There is a "voice" in the sufferer's head, putting them down and preventing them from eating.
 
In support of the benefit I am donating a couple of baskets for raffle. I am labeling them "Winter Wellness".
 
 
 
 
These baskets aren't complete because I still need to add cocoa and home baked cookies.
 
 
These patterns were embroidered onto the ends of the scarf. The flying bird and open cage is a symbol for overcoming eating disorders. I have stitched them in periwinkle blue which is also the disorder ribbon color.
 
 
 
Here is the complete scarf. The design is called 'petal scarf'. I found a tutorial through google.
 
 
Here are a couple of warming pillows filled with flax seed. There is one for each basket.
 
 
Lotion and lip balm is a must in the winter.
 
 
I still have a lot to catch you guys up on so stay tuned for more posts. Happy Stitching!

No comments: