Monday, February 24, 2014

Boxes & Boxes!




Hello everyone!  We had our first taste of spring this past weekend. It reached 50 degrees on Saturday. What a treat! I have begun my Spring cleaning a bit early. Mainly because my craft table sits in the livingroom and I don't want it to look as messy as it has been. Right now most of my small things like embroidery floss, trims, ribbons, beads, buttons, etc. are stored in ziploc bags. This bothers me because the bags look messy. They do not conform to a specific shape and slide all over each other. I have slowly been going through and arranging everything into slim boxes. This is much better because I can stack them on top of my table instead of hiding everything beneath it. Also, It makes it much easier to find what I am looking for.



Stackable!


Embroidery Floss


Beads


More Embroidery Floss


Trims


The trims were a bit tricky but I finally decided to wrap them and hold it in place with a basting stitch. This method is time consuming and I don't like that I will have to re-baste it every time I cut off a piece, but I cannot think of a better solution at the moment. This box is only about half my trims so I still have alot of work ahead of me. Until next time, happy stitching!

1 comment:

Deb said...

I started my spring cleaning today and I like the idea of the flat boxes keeping everything neat. For ribbons and such I use bread ties or the longer ties that come with trash bags, I just fold them over the ribbons and they hold well and don't leave a ridge thanks to the wire inside.