Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Flower Molding

Hello everyone. I hope all you Mothers out there enjoyed your weekend. I went to family party at my Aunts house. My aunt used to be a bartender and makes the best drinks! She made Sangria for the party and it was delicious. My husband took me and the kids out for lunch at Red Robins, we had never been. It was awesome. The menu looked so good, we decided we have to go back for round 2. My husband is also buying me a flower molding tool. I first saw the tool on Shirlee Fassel's blog: www.shirleestuff.blogspot.com.

I loved the flowers so I got in touch with the mold supplier Arlene Baker. She is just the sweetest person! arlenebkr@aol.com This is her e-mail address if anyone is interested in contacting her. Anyway, she sent me a sample package and a couple sheets of patterns.



I hope you can read her business card. A couple of the flowers were cut out already and some were straight from the mold. In the picture below is a cute card I made for a fellow crafter.

 The red flower is the mold I will be recieving. I can't wait! The leaf is huge but look at the fabric texture. Isn't it fabulous?


In the picture below, I secured the flowers on the back side of the card with small seed beads.

The three following pictures are Arlene's beautiful creations. If you are in love as I, Arlene offers many oppurtunities. She offers classes on her flower making techniques. You could purchase the molds to try your hand at home. The mold are reproduced from antique originals that she owns. They are hand crafted. What I think is awesome, is that she offers individual packages which include all the fabric flowers pre-molded and cut with instruction on how to put them together.




I big round of applause for Arlene Baker and her wonderful flowers! Happy stitching to all until next we meet!

Rachel Lane

1 comment:

Shirlee Fassell said...

Love her molds!!! they are addictive!!