Friday, February 22, 2013

Random Stitching

Hello everyone! It's been a crazy day today. I am going for my road test tomorrow and I am trying not to be overly nervous. My Hubby helped me practice parallel parking out front. I feel a bit better about it. However, my mission for the day has been to keep my mind off of it.

When I got home from work, I thought about working on my cross-stitch, but honestly, it gives me too much freedom to think. That would ultimately lead to stressing about the test. So after dinner I scrounged for fabric. I was in luck and found a decent strip! Yay! Now I can stitch something free hand.

I dug out some thread I saved from storage, it is only a few colors in green and beige. However, due to St. Patty's Day coming up, I think it's fitting. I instantly though of the latest TAST stitch I saw over on Sharon Boggin's blog. Here is the link:

http://pintangle.com/category/challenges/take-a-stitch-tuesday/

For the small sampler I did, I used the following stitches:

1. Laced Square Herringbone (new)
2. Raised Herringbone Band (new)
3. Knotted Feather Stitch (new)
4. Cast-On Stitch (practice)
5. Bullion Knot (practice)

Some of these stitches were new for me and some were practice.

Here is a picture of the sample:



No comments: